Fudge Donuts - keto, low carb, sugar-free, gluten free
Who doesn't love donuts?? And of all the donuts out there, the Chocolate ones are my all time favorite! All you need is a donut pan (we used a silicone one) and our "Chocolate Cake Mix", and within 20 minutes you'll be enjoying some delicious homemade donuts :)
1 pouch of our dark chocolate cake mix
4 TBSP melted butter
6 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract (or extract of your choice)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare your donut pan as you normally would.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter, heavy cream, eggs and extract. Then add in the cake mix and blend together with a rubber spatula until just combined.
3. Transfer the mix to a quart-sized ziploc bag, then push batter down towards one of the tips. Use a kitchen scissor to snip off that tip, going up about a 1/2" inch.
4. Using gentle pressure, squeeze the batter into your donut molds. If some end up with more batter than others, try to redistribute the batter a little, so that they each have about the same amount. This will make 6 regular sized donuts.
5. Bake for approx. 12-13 minutes, or until batter is JUST set. Do not overbake!! They will continue cooking in the pan, as they cool off.
6. Once they are fully cooled, you can then remove them from the pan. If you remove them too early, they may break. Top with powdered sugar or dip into your favorite ganache. We used ganache on ours, which is equal parts heavy cream and sugar free chocolate, melted very slowly in a double boiler.